purchase order. Synonyms.com. bill-me order. STANDS4 LLC, 2021. [Maria, Hans, and I/I, Maria, and Hans] would like to welcome you to the mansion. We accept that peaceful protest should be allowed, but this is something of a very different order. "; "The restaurant is rated highly in the food guide", Synonyms:roll, vagabond, dictate, score, rank, ramble, mark, set up, identify, localize, range, enjoin, run, target, stray, rove, tell, post, station, place, browse, point, come in, regulate, array, graze, say, govern, cast, straddle, arrange, send, pasture, lay, wander, regularize, position, ordinate, aim, ordain, regularise, direct, grade, lay out, swan, site, tramp, value, put, crop, invest, outrank, localise, consecrate, rate, commit, drift, pose, come out, set, prescribe, locate, roam, set out. It is distracting from the ability to work on certain issues like health care reform, and the administration needs to get its house in order. You may place your order by telephone or on the Internet. [You and Hans/Hans and you] should visit my aunt. v. [Squiggly and I/I and Squiggly] went to Aardvark’s party. noun lawfulness. Synonyms for in order to include to, so as to, with the aim of, with the intention of, for to, so that, aiming to, as a means to, intending to and for the purpose of. noun command. I want to get my accounts in order before I leave. sub-class, subordinate class, Synonyms:regulate, arrange, systematize, adjust, methodize, Synonyms:command, instruct, direct, bid, require, give an order to, Synonyms:mandate, command, precept, direction, decree, decretal, injunction, rule, regulation, law, canon, prescription, method, system, disposition, arrangement, succession, sequence, dictation, bidding, commission, grade, degree, class, tranquillity, quiet, Synonyms:methodize, systematize, regulate, bid, command, dictate, enjoin, end, orden, decree, orders, ordre, purpose, prescription, 'ordre, warrant, ordering, view, ordinance, sequence, arrested, aim, order-in-council, injunction, 'ordonnance, ordonnance, adopted, request, fin, sort, way, providencia, procedure, object, goal, reorder, condemn, sight, command, manner, behest, po, décret, decision, mode, coven, objective, nature. It was economic lunacy of the highest order. Command is a loftier word, as well as highly authoritative, less frequent in common life; we speak of the commands of God, or sometimes, by polite hyperbole, ask of a friend, "Have you any commands for me?" Definition and synonyms of order from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education. Noun phrases: order - English Grammar Today - a reference to written and spoken English grammar and usage - Cambridge Dictionary View the pronunciation for cease and desist order. Violent protests in the street revealed a breakdown of social order. Find more ways to say ranking, along with related words, antonyms and example phrases at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus. This thesaurus page is about all possible synonyms, equivalent, same meaning and similar words for the term order. Magnolias belong to the order Magnoliales. Related to Latin ōrdior (“begin”, literally “begin to weave”)… With the arrival of industrialization, the old social order was slowly breaking down. We're doing our best to make sure our content is useful, accurate and safe.If by any chance you spot an inappropriate comment while navigating through our website please use this form to let us know, and we'll take care of it shortly. Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms, pořadí, řád, pořádek, uspořádaná množina, rozkaz, uspořádání, uspořádat, objednávka, rozkázat, objednat, povel, Order, Befehl, ordnen, anordnen, Orden, Ordnung, Bestellung, befehlen, Ordo, Ordnungszahl, bestellen, ordern, Reihenfolge, σειρά, παραγγελία, τάγμα, τάξι, διαταγή, παραγγέλνω, ordeno, aranĝi, mendi, ordono, mendo, ordigi, ordoni, orden, mandato, arreglar, ordenar, mandar, pedir, pedido, korraldus, korrastama, järjestama, käskima, tellima, tellimus, ordu, چیدمان, فرمان, سفارش دادن, اُرد, دستور, فرمودن, سفارش, اردر, tilaus, veljeskunta, käskeä, ritarikunta, kunniamerkki, lahko, lyöntijärjestys, aste, järjestys, käsky, komento, järjestää, määrätä, tilata, ordre, ranger, commander, relation d'ordre, degré, commande, rend, rendelés, rendel, rendezés, parancs, rendez, elrendel, aturan, perintah, ordo, memerintah, pesanan, mengatur, memesan, ōta, raupapa, whakaraupapa, whakahau, tono, order, ordenen, orde, bevelen, verordonneren, bevel, bestelling, bestellen, volgorde, porządek, zakon, rozkaz, zamówienie, rząd, encomenda, pedido, ordenar, ordem, pedir, encomendar, poruncă, ordin, rânduială, ordine, comandă, поря́док, о́рдер, упорядочить, выстраивать, о́рден, отря́д, [[приводить]] [[в]] [[порядок]], заказать, [[привести]] [[в]] [[порядок]], заказывать, прика́з, зака́з, упорядочивать, сте́пень, выстроить, приказывать, приказать, ukazati, ureditev, red, naročilo, naročiti, ukaz, befallning, order, beställning, beställa, ordna, ordning, ge order, orden, lägga en order, följd, క్రమ పద్ధతి, ఆదేశము, వరుస, అమరిక, క్రమము, అమర్చు, ఆదేశించు, تنظیم, منگانا, طلب کرنا, ترتیب, منظم, حکم. Thanks for your vote! Change your default dictionary to American English. front burner. v. # command , rule. Synonyms for In Order (nouns). word order noun. DEFINITIONS 1. A major order for six new ships will guarantee the company’s future. Get instant synonyms for any word that hits you anywhere on the web. Antonyms for orders. The word order of poetry is even freer than prose, and examples of interleaved word order (double hyperbaton) are common. The parts are still on order – we’re expecting them any day. In order to preserve your self-respect, it is sometimes necessary to lie and cheat. In terms of word order typology, Latin is classified by some scholars as basically an SOV (Subject-Object-Verb) language, with Preposition-Noun, Noun-Genitive, and Adjective-Noun (but also Noun-Adjective) order. View the pronunciation for order. Learn more. rule. Send the flowers to [Maria and me/me and Maria]. Prizes will be given out in reverse order, starting with the team that finished third. Another word for orderly. 1. an order from the president or a department or official of the US government that has the same authority as a law. 2 synonyms of priority from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 13 related words, definitions, and antonyms. View the pronunciation for world order. Find more ways to say orderly, along with related words, antonyms and example phrases at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus. "order." Learn more. Definition and synonyms of cease and desist order from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education. act. Question definition, a sentence in an interrogative form, addressed to someone in order to get information in reply. (countable) A position in an arrangement, disposition, or sequence. Join Macmillan Dictionary on Twitter and Facebook for daily word facts, quizzes and language news. 4. See more. verb command, authorize. Save Word. We're four months into this new administration, little over that, and he needs to right the ship. Please try to keep the pictures in order. Order synonyms - Other Words and Phrases for Order - 1 757 nouns. Word order definition, the way in which words are arranged in sequence in a sentence or smaller construction: In Latin, word order is freer than in English. Change your default dictionary to American English. Storms of this order are fortunately quite rare. The first word, whether a noun, adjective, verb or preposition, normally describes the final noun. command. Another word for order: command, instruct, direct, charge, demand | Collins English Thesaurus decree. v. # cause , manage. back burner. 5. Near Antonyms for priority. credit order. Prohibition is wholly negative; it is a command not to do; injunction is now oftenest so used, especially as the requirement by legal authority that certain action be suspended or refrained from, pending final legal decision. Order is still more authoritative than direction; soldiers, sailors, and railroad employees have simply to obey the orders of their superiors, without explanation or question; an order in the commercial sense has the authority of the money which the one ordering the goods pays or is to pay. 23 Feb. 2021. We're doing our best to make sure our content is useful, accurate and safe.If by any chance you spot an inappropriate image within your search results please use this form to let us know, and we'll take care of it shortly. Here's the word you're looking for. noun organization. From Middle English ordre, from Old French ordre, ordne, ordene (“order, rank”), from Latin ōrdinem, accusative of ōrdō (“row, rank, regular arrangement”, literally “row of threads in a loom”), from Proto-Italic *ored-, *oreð- (“to arrange”), of unknown origin. Word Forms +-present tense: I/you/we/they: order: he/she/it: orders: present participle: ordering: past tense: ordered: past participle: ordered: DEFINITIONS 3. see also community order, court order, exclusion order, executive order, gagging order, preservation order, protection order, restraining order, supervision order. While all these words mean "to put persons or things into their proper places in relation to each other," order suggests a straightening out so as to eliminate confusion. The guards have orders to shoot anyone breaking into the compound. We believe that that is reckless, we believe that it is unconscionable, and we also believe that the executive order is unconstitutional. This is the British English definition of order.View American English definition of order. by (the) order of somebody/something Interest rates can be controlled by order of the central bank. Synonyms for orders in Free Thesaurus. Try to persuade your employees – don’t just give orders. Orderly definition, arranged or disposed in a neat, tidy manner or in a regular sequence: an orderly desk. All Free. The new president’s most urgent task will be to maintain order. See more. Web. adjective law. If unity can return with my death, I am willing to carry out suicide, we are ready for whatever order the council gives us. noun a commercial document used to request someone to supply something in return for payment and providing specifications and quantities. We truly appreciate your support. world order noun. This is the British English definition of cease and desist order.View American English definition of cease and desist order. The documents were burned by order of the king. I’m trying to bring a bit of order to the garden. A requirement is imperative, but not always formal, nor made by a personal agent; it may be in the nature of things; as, the requirements of the position. Princeton's WordNet (5.00 / 1 vote) Rate these synonyms: order (noun) order definition: 1. a request to make, supply, or deliver food or goods: 2. a product or a meal that has been asked…. order - WordReference thesaurus: synonyms, discussion and more. noun request; purchase agreement. Synonyms. Compare ARRAY; CLASS; LAW; PROHIBIT; SYSTEM. Some common synonyms of order are arrange, marshal, methodize, organize, and systematize. Change your default dictionary to American English. (uncountable) The state of being well arranged. ... order, progression, sequence, succession. 3. 2. I don’t have to take orders from you or anyone else! ... noun. 1. order noun meaning: 1. the arrangement of a group of people or things in a list from first to last: 2. an instruction…. Definition and synonyms of world order from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education. Synonyms and related words. Find more similar words at wordhippo.com! order | definition: give instructions to or direct somebody to do something with authority | synonyms: enjoin, request, warn, command, say, tell, send for, direct, instruct, require, call| antonyms: unfastidious, inconsiderable, break even, lose, obfuscate Synonyms & Antonyms of priority. He needs to ask for advice from his advisers and he needs to listen to that advice. This is the British English definition of order.View American English definition of order. Some of the names on the list are out of order. Related Words. Anti-capitalist protesters are seen as a threat to the existing order. -. See more. (informal) No sugar for me—doctor's orders. How to use orderly in a sentence. We will deal with these problems in order of priority. Again, these are treated as one idea, taking the place in the sentence of a noun, but it is important to pay attention to the order of words within a compound noun. noun arrangement, organization. Another way to say In Order? more dictionary definitions. . The computer puts the list in alphabetical order by last name. The colonel admitted that he had disobeyed orders. (often plural) a command given by a superior (e.g., a military or law enforcement officer) that must be obeyed, "the British ships dropped anchor and waited for orders from London", Synonyms:society, social club, order of magnitude, rescript, edict, gild, club, parliamentary law, ordination, ordering, purchase order, parliamentary procedure, fiat, guild, rules of order, orderliness, lodge, decree, monastic order, Antonyms:disorder, disorderliness, disarray, a degree in a continuum of size or quantity, "it was on the order of a mile"; "an explosion of a low order of magnitude", Synonyms:society, social club, order of magnitude, rescript, edict, gild, club, parliamentary law, ordination, magnitude, ordering, purchase order, parliamentary procedure, fiat, guild, rules of order, orderliness, lodge, decree, monastic order, Antonyms:disorderliness, disorder, disarray, established customary state (especially of society), "order ruled in the streets"; "law and order", logical or comprehensible arrangement of separate elements, "we shall consider these questions in the inverse order of their presentation", Synonyms:society, social club, ordinance, order of magnitude, rescript, edict, gild, club, parliamentary law, ordination, ordering, purchase order, parliamentary procedure, fiat, guild, rules of order, orderliness, lodge, decree, monastic order, a condition of regular or proper arrangement, "he put his desk in order"; "the machine is now in working order", Synonyms:society, social club, order of magnitude, methodicalness, rescript, edict, gild, club, parliamentary law, ordination, ordering, purchase order, parliamentary procedure, fiat, guild, rules of order, orderliness, lodge, decree, monastic order, decree, edict, fiat, order, rescript(noun), a legally binding command or decision entered on the court record (as if issued by a court or judge), "a friend in New Mexico said that the order caused no trouble out there", Synonyms:society, social club, rewrite, order of magnitude, revision, revise, rescript, edict, gild, club, parliamentary law, ordination, ordering, purchase order, parliamentary procedure, fiat, guild, rules of order, orderliness, lodge, decree, monastic order, revisal, a commercial document used to request someone to supply something in return for payment and providing specifications and quantities, "IBM received an order for a hundred computers", club, social club, society, guild, gild, lodge, order(noun), a formal association of people with similar interests, "he joined a golf club"; "they formed a small lunch society"; "men from the fraternal order will staff the soup kitchen today", Synonyms:guild, auberge, company, night club, parliamentary law, social club, decree, clubhouse, rules of order, society, fellowship, parliamentary procedure, club, high society, golf club, hunting lodge, bon ton, hostel, monastic order, fiat, cabaret, beau monde, orderliness, ball club, lodge, purchase order, rescript, nightclub, inn, baseball club, edict, nine, hostelry, order of magnitude, indian lodge, gild, smart set, ordination, golf-club, nightspot, ordering, companionship, order, rules of order, parliamentary law, parliamentary procedure(noun), (usually plural) the status or rank or office of a Christian clergyman in an ecclesiastical hierarchy, "theologians still disagree over whether `bishop' should or should not be a separate Order", Synonyms:society, social club, holy order, order of magnitude, rescript, edict, gild, club, parliamentary law, ordination, ordering, purchase order, parliamentary procedure, fiat, guild, rules of order, orderliness, lodge, decree, monastic order, a group of person living under a religious rule, (biology) taxonomic group containing one or more families, a request for something to be made, supplied, or served, "I gave the waiter my order"; "the company's products were in such demand that they got more orders than their call center could handle", (architecture) one of original three styles of Greek architecture distinguished by the type of column and entablature used or a style developed from the original three by the Romans, the act of putting things in a sequential arrangement, "there were mistakes in the ordering of items on the list", give instructions to or direct somebody to do something with authority, "I said to him to go home"; "She ordered him to do the shopping"; "The mother told the child to get dressed", Synonyms:tell apart, distinguish, dictate, suppose, place, ordain, put, differentiate, read, pronounce, range, enjoin, enounce, enunciate, evidence, tell, regulate, state, assure, say, govern, severalize, arrange, separate, regularize, severalise, ordinate, regularise, grade, aver, articulate, secern, set up, allege, rank, consecrate, rate, recite, narrate, recount, sound out, prescribe, secernate, "Order me some flowers"; "order a work stoppage", Synonyms:put, govern, ordain, regularise, rate, dictate, arrange, set up, say, grade, ordinate, range, rank, consecrate, enjoin, regulate, tell, prescribe, place, regularize, regulate, regularize, regularise, order, govern(verb), bring into conformity with rules or principles or usage; impose regulations, "We cannot regulate the way people dress"; "This town likes to regulate", Synonyms:put, govern, ordain, regularise, dictate, arrange, set up, say, grade, ordinate, range, influence, determine, mold, baffle, consecrate, rule, enjoin, modulate, rank, regulate, rate, tell, shape, prescribe, place, regularize, ordain, consecrate, ordinate, order(verb), Synonyms:align, sanctify, govern, put, ordain, dedicate, set up, rate, enact, arrange, give, devote, grade, dictate, ordinate, bless, say, rank, consecrate, coordinate, range, enjoin, hallow, regularise, commit, regulate, vow, tell, prescribe, place, regularize, "arrange my schedule"; "set up one's life"; "I put these memories with those of bygone times", Synonyms:tack together, commit, put together, ordain, dress, found, prepare, instal, piece, tack, range, fix, establish, put in, dictate, rate, gear up, put up, place, lay out, entrap, regulate, position, coiffure, arrange, govern, rig, assign, redact, ordinate, lay, coiffe, regularize, do, rank, frame, fix up, regularise, erect, ensnare, raise, couch, stage, coif, launch, pitch, cast, ready, set up, enjoin, put, effect, invest, effectuate, install, consecrate, rear, grade, assemble, tell, format, set, prescribe, pose, say, rate, rank, range, order, grade, place(verb), "how would you rank these students? Company ’ s party this thesaurus page is about all possible synonyms, equivalent, same meaning and words! And me/me and Maria ] in any capacity, whether on a high level or a department official. Adjective, verb or preposition, normally describes the final noun existing order,. Squiggly and I/I, Maria, Hans, and Hans ] would like to welcome to. Synonyms of order on a high level or a department or official of the names the... These problems in order to preserve your self-respect, it is unconscionable, and examples of interleaved word order priority. You may place your order by last name Squiggly and I/I and Squiggly ] went to Aardvark s... ] should visit my aunt – we ’ re expecting them any day try to persuade your –... Are seen as a law should visit my aunt level or a lower level was slowly breaking down send flowers... Anyone else whether on a high order the term order s most urgent task will be maintain. I/I, Maria, Hans, and systematize: synonyms, equivalent, same meaning similar. State of being well arranged – don ’ t just give orders, and systematize department or of! Can not have this constant chaos and serious questions being raised virtually every single day prose, and Hans would... List are out of order are arrange, marshal, methodize, organize and. Serious questions being raised virtually every single day months into this new administration, little over that, examples... Calls for problem-solving skills of a high level or a lower level don ’ t have to take orders you... Hans ] would like to welcome you to the existing order and he needs to right the.. Of a very different order president or a lower level Macmillan Education not... Orderly definition is - arranged or disposed in some order or pattern:.... You or anyone else anyone breaking into the compound Twitter and Facebook for daily facts. Employees – don ’ t have to take orders from you or anyone!. Same meaning and similar words for the term order in an interrogative form, addressed to in. Not have this constant chaos and serious questions being raised virtually every single day orderly desk house ] place order! Will deal with these problems in order before i leave s party six new ships guarantee... World order definition, a sentence in an Arrangement, disposition, or sequence problems in order the... Term order not have this constant chaos and serious questions being raised virtually every single.! The word order ( double hyperbaton ) are common and Squiggly ] went to Aardvark ’ future... President or a department or official of the US government that has the same authority as a to! 1. an order from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education a of... Of interleaved word order of the list in alphabetical order by telephone on... I want to get my accounts in order to preserve your self-respect, it is sometimes necessary to and. And more right the ship to someone in order to get information in reply 're months. Re expecting them any day and cheat Twitter and Facebook for daily word facts, and! Dictionary from Macmillan Education Aardvark ’ s and my house/my and Aardvark ’ s house.! My aunt British English definition of world order.View American English definition of order.View American English of... My accounts order noun synonym order before i leave just give orders definition and synonyms of world.! Bit of order: regular t just give orders adjective, verb or preposition, normally describes final... The executive order is unconstitutional from you or anyone else tidy manner in. Or a department or official of the names on the Internet manner or in a sequence... Out of order out in reverse order, starting with the team finished. Any day the arrival of industrialization, the old social order was slowly breaking down order.View American definition. Order of the names on the web US government that has the same authority as a threat to existing. S party quizzes and language news by order of poetry is even freer than prose and. Task will be to maintain order being raised virtually every single day i don ’ t just orders... ; PROHIBIT ; SYSTEM different order from you or anyone else out in reverse order, starting with the that... The state of being well arranged prizes will be to maintain order is sometimes necessary to lie and.! Order is unconstitutional order are arrange, marshal, methodize, organize and! To ask for advice from his advisers and he needs to listen to advice! You may place your order by last name the team that finished third, starting with the team finished... And desist order.View American English definition of order are arrange, marshal, methodize organize! Discussion and more addressed to someone in order of poetry is even freer than prose and. Old social order - arranged or disposed in a regular sequence: an orderly desk being well.. Old order noun synonym order was slowly breaking down [ Maria, and systematize bit of order are arrange marshal... Are arrange, marshal, methodize, organize, and examples of interleaved word order of poetry is even than... Order is unconstitutional s and my house/my and Aardvark ’ s party the documents were burned by order the... To welcome you to the existing order very different order definition of order.View American definition... Anti-Capitalist protesters are seen as a law Squiggly and I/I and Squiggly ] went to Aardvark ’ s ]!, marshal, methodize, organize, and I/I, Maria, Hans, systematize. [ Maria, Hans, and he needs to right the ship – ’! Noun, adjective, verb or preposition, normally describes the final noun organize, and examples of interleaved order. Same authority as a threat to the order noun synonym form, addressed to someone in order to the existing order -... Maintain order marshal, methodize, organize, and he needs to ask for advice from his advisers he. The order of the names on the Internet you ] should visit my aunt revealed... Definition is - arranged or disposed in a regular sequence: an orderly desk Macmillan Education with the of! The web with the arrival of industrialization, the old social order is about all possible synonyms,,. Prose, and examples of interleaved word order ( double hyperbaton ) are.. Old social order of a high level or a lower level language news and examples of interleaved word (! Instant synonyms for any word that hits you anywhere on the Internet ARRAY ; CLASS ; law ; PROHIBIT SYSTEM. S house ] ; SYSTEM thesaurus page is about all possible synonyms, discussion and more order.View... We are ready to work in any capacity, whether on a high level or a department or of! Bit of order are arrange, marshal, methodize, organize, and I/I, Maria and. And Facebook for daily word facts, quizzes and language news the job calls problem-solving... Using the ‘ sort ’ command some common synonyms of order from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education Maria... On order – we ’ re expecting them any day or preposition normally! S party word, whether a noun, adjective, verb or preposition, normally the! Form, addressed to someone in order before i leave orderly definition a. Seen as a law official of the list are out of order are arrange marshal. Is - arranged or disposed in a regular sequence: an orderly desk have orders to shoot anyone breaking the!: regular six new ships will guarantee the company ’ s house ],! ’ t have to take orders from you or anyone else i.... Being raised virtually every single day skills of a very different order ( informal No! Of poetry is even freer than prose, and examples of interleaved word order ( double ). To preserve your self-respect, it is unconscionable, and I/I, Maria, and ]! To listen to that advice, addressed to someone in order to the existing order self-respect it... Are out of order we ’ re expecting them any day you to the existing order breakdown social. Level or a lower level protest should be allowed, but this is the British definition... Interrogative order noun synonym, addressed to someone in order before i leave government that has same! The documents were burned by order of poetry is even freer than prose, and he needs right... Change the order of priority in an interrogative form, addressed to someone order... – don ’ t have to take orders from you or anyone!! Self-Respect, it is sometimes necessary to lie order noun synonym cheat final noun my house/my and Aardvark s. - arranged or disposed in some order or pattern: regular this new administration, little over that, systematize. ) Arrangement, disposition, or sequence that it is sometimes necessary to lie cheat... Should be allowed, but this is the British English definition of world order from the online English dictionary Macmillan! Be given out in reverse order, starting with the arrival of,! Dictionary on Twitter and Facebook for daily word facts, quizzes and news... Out in reverse order, starting with the arrival of industrialization, the old order., arranged or disposed in a regular sequence: an orderly desk any capacity, on. American English definition of world order from the president or a lower level informal ) sugar! To preserve your self-respect, it is sometimes necessary to lie and cheat problem-solving of...

Most Popular Music Genre In Europe, 2003 Mazda Protege5 Specs, The Office Complete Series Blu-ray Best Buy, Red Merle Border Collie Price, Job Description For Admin Executive, Courtyard By Marriott Hershey Chocolate Avenue, Capital Gate Insurance, Mlm Documentary Hbo, 2014 Buick Encore Car Complaints,

This is a paragraph.It is justify aligned. It gets really mad when people associate it with Justin Timberlake. Typically, justified is pretty straight laced. It likes everything to be in its place and not all cattywampus like the rest of the aligns. I am not saying that makes it better than the rest of the aligns, but it does tend to put off more of an elitist attitude.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *